Thanks to a grant from The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga, Art 120 and The Howard School are expanding their partnership to provide real world learning experiences for eighty Howard students. This spring, twenty students from each grade will learn and execute a part of the Scenic City Art Car Weekend based on their career track. We are looking for businesses that are interested in meeting these youth and helping them as they grow their work experiences into a future career.
The Ten Career Tracks are:
STEM / VW eLab
Students will benefit from:
1) Talking and working with professionals from local businesses that help execute
2) Obtaining real world experiences for their resume.
3) Receiving positive recognition for their work and their school.
4) Creating a project that will last after they graduate.
Students will learn:
1) How to talk with professionals in the career fields they are interested in.
2) How to apply the skills they are learning in their career track to an actual working event.
3) How to write an online resume, adding their skills and references as they complete the project.
What Does this Involve?
Your involvement can be as simple as talking about your career or company's job openings, taking a student's phone call about the art car weekend, or assist with hands-on learning at the school. Sponsors will be asked to provide their logo for students to print on marketing materials, or may have their business included in a video. If you are able to host an activity, during the event, the hands-on learning can occur onsite while the activity draws foot traffic into your business.
For details, email: KateWarren@Art120.org.